I’m Sarah — a full-time freelance writer, blogger, and self-published author from Oregon (now living in Minnesota).
I’m here to play.
One of the things I love to play with is skincare — especially products made for women in their 40’s, 50’s and up.
As I get closer to 50, self-care has become a bigger deal than it used to be. And that alone gives me plenty to write about.
Besides skincare, I’ll be writing about the following:
- Education (through books, podcasts, courses, etc.).
- Physical exercise and fitness goals
- Daily meditation and mindfulness
- Nutrition and the benefits of switching to a plant-based diet (which I never thought I’d do)
- Decluttering and downsizing your possessions (the Marie Kondo way)
- (probably more as I go)
Aside from the self-care focus, this site offers samples of my work on the following topics:
Articles published elsewhere:
- “How to Become a Writer: 9 Simple Steps You Can Take in 2021” — SmartBlogger.com
- “15 Great Places to Find Online Magazine Writing Jobs in 2021” — SmartBlogger.com
Spent final semester in Spain, University of Oviedo (Asturias) (Jan to Jun 1999)
Finished Spanish B.A. and traveled throughout Spain (Sevilla, Cáceres, Burgos, Toledo, Segovia, Salamanca, Barcelona, San Sebastián, Santander, Gijón, Avilés, Santiago de Compostela, etc.)
Collaborated with WOU professors on a book of Peruvian and Oregonian poetry (1998)
Translated Peruvian poetry, along with the introduction by one of my professors (my Spanish advisor) for a book of poetry, O Poetry! ¡Oh Poesía!
Staff Translator / Production Team Member (1999 – 2000)
Translated text (into Spanish) and modified graphics for children’s educational CDs; recorded and edited audio for sound clips; assisted with beta testing .